Ah, the Greek islands. With their crystal clear waters, stunning beaches & ancient ruins, they are a true paradise. If you’re looking to explore the best of Greece’s beauty, then you’ll want to consider island hopping🌊
Island hopping is a great way to experience the best of the Greek islands in a short amount of time. You can spend a few days exploring each island, then hop on a ferry to the next. You’ll experience a variety of different cultures, landscapes & activities throughout your journey.
When it comes to planning, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, decide how many islands to visit. The larger the group, the more islands you can visit. Second, consider the time of year you’re going. The high season runs from June to Sept & many islands have limited ferry services during the off-season. Third, pick the islands you’ll visit. Depending on your time & budget, you can choose from the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, or the Ionian islands.
When there, take advantage of all the activities they have to offer. Explore the ancient ruins, go on a boat tour and swim in the crystal-clear waters💧
OUR TOP 10 TIPS
1. Plan Early – Start planning your trip early so you can book ferries & accommodation in advance and get the best deals.
2. Choose Your Islands Carefully – Decide which islands to visit and research the best time of year to visit each island.
3. Pack Light – Pack light and bring clothes that you can layer.
4. Book Accommodation Early – Book your accommodation ahead of time to get the best rates and availability.
5. Book Ferries Ahead of Time – Book your ferry tickets in advance to make sure you get a spot on the ferry.
6. Explore the Islands – Explore each island and take advantage of all the activities they have to offer.
7. Stay Connected – Make sure to set up your cellular roaming or purchase a local SIM card so you can stay connected and share your experiences!
8. Stay Safe – Keep your passport safe at all times!
9. Research the Local Cuisine – Research the local cuisine and make sure to try the traditional dishes from each island.
10. Take Lots of Photos – Don’t forget to take lots of photos so you can remember your trip for years to come!💭